Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An Overdue Update

Oh my dear friends and family, if you're still out there reading I thought I should offer an update...

But it is very late and I have little energy after two long days of packing.

Here are several quick thoughts as the first day of my 19th week of pregnancy begins (though the last day of my 18th week of pregnancy has not yet ended)...

I don't yet feel like there is a person inside of me. I am wondering when this will change.

I know. I know. No belly pic since week 7- way overdue. Hopefully soon... because... it finally seems like my belly is changing. My clothes still fit. But examining myself in the mirror tonight I realize things are definitely different.

I may have felt the baby move last week... not sure.

I'm adjusting to side sleeping- not easy.

We have our big ultrasound on Friday at 11. I'm thinking this might help with the whole feeling like a person is growing inside me. If I can figure out how I'll try to post ultrasound pics.

3 comments:

Jennifer Garrison Brownell said...

oooo! ultrasound! I"m so excited on your behalf.

And I was going to make some joke here aobut you should refrain from typing, saying or thinking the word "overdue" for the next 6 months. But then, I thought "nah, you are definately not going to be in the mood for THAT kind of humor on moving week..."

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with my baby girl... who is fixin to move out but not away... I didn't believe that I was carrying a child in my belly... even with lots of pictures... until 2.5 weeks before she was born. For me... it was easier to stay in the place of distance... so that I wouldn't hurt so bad. I'm guessing you can probably understand that.

Sneaksleep said...

Yay! Can't wait to see the pics!