Thursday, August 7, 2008

After a long silence, the fourth post of the day!

So we have a new bed. And it is glorious... BIG and comfortable. It is more challenging to nudge Kev when he's snoring now, but otherwise it is GREAT. I have slept very well the past two nights. (The midwives told me taking a calcium supplement before bed will also help me to sleep... alrighty then, I'll do it!) However, towards the end of a very good night's sleep the first night in the new bed I had a terrible dream. I dreamed that I gave birth and it was much easier than I thought it would be, but it turned out I wasn't actually pregnant, I wasn't carrying a baby. Apparently my insurance company had arranged to have something implanted in my uterus so that I would believe I was pregnant, but when all was said and done there was no baby. I wept and wept and wept in the dream. I woke up rather distressed and awakened Kevin to tell him all about my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad dream. He concurred that that is what it was. He rubbed my belly and said "We know you're in there, kiddo." And then we went back to sleep.

The next day I didn't feel the baby move for hours... and it was terribly disconcerting.

Since then the baby has had some impressive bouts of movement. It appears, in Kev's language, to be using my bladder as a trampoline- an odd sensation to say the least.

3 comments:

LittleMary said...

oh my. oh my. yes, just a dream. your anxiety talking here.

Mama V said...

If I had known years ago when we were buying a mattress how uncomfortable pregnancy would turn out to be (especially my second) and that I would be co-sleeping with my children, I would have bought a King! We slept on one with our 4-month old this past week while on vacation, and I was in heaven! Oh well...

Yucky dreams. I remember those. (As well as some less scary but weird ones - I'll email a few to you soon!) Yay for wonderful partners who are afterwards there to listen and say all the right, reassuring things...

Iris said...

What a yucky dream! Highmark BC/BS can be evil, but not that evil (I think)!

I love your belly pic!